Vitamin C Buffered Powder is a non-acidic form of vitamin C, designed for high dosing and vitamin C “flushing.” By adding the minerals calcium, magnesium and potassium, the natural acidity of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is reduced by the alkalizing actions of these minerals.
BENEFITS OF BUFFERED VITAMIN C
- Alkalizing Effects – The standard American diet is highly acid forming, which may adversely affect health. Supplemental calcium, magnesium and potassium may help reduce systemic acidity, thus supporting overall wellness.
- Bone Health – The inclusion of calcium, magnesium and potassium support healthy bone mineralization.
- Antioxidant – Vitamin C, in meaningful doses, is an effective antioxidant that works to scavenge damaging free radicals within the body.
- Immune Health – High dose vitamin C can support a healthy immune system.
- Skin Health – Vitamin C supports collagen formation for healthy skin, as well as other connective tissue, such as bones, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels.
- Adrenal Health – Vitamin C supports healthy adrenal function, as it is required for the synthesis of adrenal hormones and neurotransmitters.
- Better Tolerated – Due to its natural acidity, high doses of vitamin C may result in an upset stomach and possible loose stools. This buffered Vitamin C is gentler on the gastrointestinal system, allowing for higher dosing without unpleasant side-effects.
- Better Absorption – Added minerals help reduce the speed at which vitamin C travels through the gastrointestinal system, allowing more time for adequate absorption.
- Better Delivery – Vitamin C Buffered Powder can be easily added to any beverage and eliminates the need for multiple pills.
- Better Ingredients – Made with non-GMO ingredients.