The primary functions of ThyroMend are to support the natural production of thyroid hormones by the thyroid gland, and to support how tissues throughout the body respond to thyroid hormones. This is accomplished by providing support for each of the seven steps involved in thyroid function. The synergistic combination of specific seaweeds and herbs in ThyroMend support these Seven Important Actions associated with optimal thyroid health:
- Provide bio-available iodine for thyrocytes
- Promote iodine uptake by thyrocytes through interactions with sodium-iodide-symporter (NIS) proteins
- Promote T3 & T4 production and secretion from thyrocytes
- Promote conversion of thyroxine (T4) to the more bioactive triiodothyronine (T3) by liver cell and other peripheral cells
- Promote RXR/TR heterodimerization of thyroid receptors on target cells
- Promote binding of thyroid hormone receptors to DNA by RXR/TR heterodimers
- Promote action T3 on target gene expression. By supporting thyroid functions, this synergistic formulation supports the health of tissues which respond to optimal thyroid health. This support can also help maintain ideal metabolic rate, maintain normal blood lipids and sugar levels, and support memory and mood.